Sunday, December 12, 2010

Joe Cooks a Meal

The weather here is currently pretty crappy. This wasn't the most pleasant grilling experience I've ever had. Luckily skirt steak only takes minutes to cook.

I started this meal by marinating skirt steak in a mixture of EVOO, sea salt, fresh ground pepper, and finely ground herbs de provence overnight:





I prepared the ravioli filling using pecan-smoked blue cheese, grated parmigiano reggiano, whole milk ricotta, and marscapone:

( I added some Lobster to some.)




I prepped the pasta dough using semolina flour:




Rolled out the dough and started forming the ravioli:





I stuck them in the freezer to firm up, while I started boiling some water and prepping the Weber.

I grilled up the skirt steak:



Boiling the ravioli:



Started browning some hickory smoked butter:



Dinner is served:
Grilled skirt steak and 4-cheese smoked ravioli, topped with smoked brown butter sauce, beef bacon bits, and freshly grated parmigiano reggiano:





The steak and the ravioli complimented each other perfectly. Excellent meal.

2 comments:

  1. That looks absolutely delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What brand of pecan-smoked blue cheese did you use? I'm having trouble finding it.

    ReplyDelete